WIFT Western Australia
About WIFT Western Australia
Forming in 2016, Women in Film and Television (WIFT WA) is a not-for-profit advocacy body; championing women filmmakers of all ages, colours, sexualities, abilities, and joys. WIFT WA recognises that we are stronger together.
A champion of women's rights, achievements and points of view; WIFT WA is an educational and support forum for media professionals, and a network for the exchange of information and resources. Our ultimate goal is to encourage and support women within the screen industries in WA.
What we’re working to achieve
· Providing networking opportunities for women in the industry.
· Promoting equal opportunities in employment, training and career advancement for women in all aspects of the industry.
· Increasing the visibility of women working in the screen industries in Western Australia.
· Raising public awareness on issues associated with the depiction of women on the screen and encouraging greater diversity in the portrayal of women.
· Political lobbying on issues of importance to members; including gender, race, sexuality, age, religion, disability, relationship status etc.
WIFT Western Australia Board
WIFT Western Australia Memberships
Be part of an organisation committed to achieving gender parity in the film industry through advocacy, education and support of female identifying screen industry practitioners. We welcome members of all genders, as well as culturally and linguistically diverse members from urban and regional Australia. Our advocacy helps women working in the industry across the country.
Contact WIFT Western Australia