WIFT South Australia
About WIFT South Australia
Women in Film and Television (WIFT SA) joined WIFT Australia in 2018. WIFT is a not-for-profit advocacy body; championing women filmmakers of all ages, colours, sexualities, abilities, and joys.
WIFT SA believes that we are stronger together and we all deserve a seat at the table on all issues in the industry. We do this by education, support and advocacy.
What we’re working to achieve
· Providing networking opportunities for women in the industry.
· Promoting equal opportunities in employment, training and career advancement for women in all aspects of the industry.
· Increasing the visibility of women working in the screen industries in Western Australia.
· Raising public awareness on issues associated with the depiction of women on the screen and encouraging greater diversity in the portrayal of women.
· Political lobbying on issues of importance to members; including gender, race, sexuality, age, religion, disability, relationship status etc.
WIFT South Australia Board